Natty Purple

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Since Natty waxes can be refined with the double boiler method.
I'm wondering if I were to mix 50\50 Natty Red and Natty Blue, other than the scents maybe not being compatible, would I have a Poorboy's hybrid wax or a jar of a chemical not safe for my paint?
I read some saying coat blue and red so maybe a mix will do it.

Just need some grape scent.

Shawn

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I must say, I came in thinking I missed a new product release :smt119

I try and think out of the box, and this never crossed my mind haha. Whether good or bad (not saying yours is bad) ideas like this can work out, and new products are born.

I haven't looked into detailing products on a chemical level yet, I'm curious what Poorboy has to say.

rabbi

I too thought this was a new product thread. Hey Steve what about a Natty's Purple?Not that I need anymore wax but I definitely would have to buy some (as would WAX WASTER RON).

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I don't know for sure, but I would be concerned about losing chemicals during the heating process. Some may be "off-gassed" and result in a less usable product, similar to when product gets old and dried out.

Also, sometimes mixing two products together can result in a product that has the detriments of each without either products' valued traits.

But again, this is just conjecture, as I'm neither a chemist nor in any way affiliated with the production of said products.