Mixing BnB & TR

M

Mike T

Anyone try this? I'm running low on BnB and was thinking of mixing a little TR in.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
If you don't mind less gloss, you could cut the BnB with water.
The new TR is water based, from what I've heard, so maybe you could mix it.
I think some people have mixed NL with BnB, but I can't remember the results.
Have not tried it myself, so "good luck!" if you do try it!

awd330

Advanced Helper
norahcrv said:
BigLeegr said:
. . . The new TR is water based . . .

There's a NEW TR?? I just bought another bottle of the old :smt022
You probably have the new version. If your TR is completely clear in color, then you have the newest version. It's been out for quite a while (maybe a year and a half?) and was created to meet the stricter VOC guidelines.

I'm not sure about the water vs. solvent based question. Steve will have to chime in with that answer when he gets back from vacation. I know the previous version was solvent based.

N

norahcrv

awd330 said:
norahcrv said:
BigLeegr said:
. . . The new TR is water based . . .

There's a NEW TR?? I just bought another bottle of the old :smt022
You probably have the new version. If your TR is completely clear in color, then you have the newest version. It's been out for quite a while (maybe a year and a half?) and was created to meet the stricter VOC guidelines.

I'm not sure about the water vs. solvent based question. Steve will have to chime in with that answer when he gets back from vacation. I know the previous version was solvent based.

Thanks, Marj!! I now feel much better about spending 3 hours on the weekend painting & buffing all the black plastic & rubber trim on the V with my "new" bottle of TR!! :)

It is completely clear, but still has the warnings about getting it on paint which had me worried that it might be solvent based :(

I will say, that I'm liking the results from this newer bottle much better than the "old" bottle I bought over two years ago.