Microfiber issue

Morning all,

Went to pull out my supplies the other day and discovered a mouse used one of my buckets as a feasting grounds for his seed supply.... Problem is my MF storage was in that same bucket and i ended up with grass seed covered clothes. After a few washings I still have a few seeds embedded in a few of these clothes and I obviously do not want to use them on my truck at all due to possible scratches. My question is does anyone have any tips to recover from this? should I just vacuum them and see how they turn out? Or am I just crazy and should I suck it up and hope they work themselves out at some point.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I'd say you're not crazy for thinking they may cause marring, swirls, etc. Depending how they are in there, and how rough, they could cause some ill effects.

You can try and vacuum, but I have a feeling the trouble ones will stay in place. This is the advantages, but also disadvantages of having such fine fibers.

You can always try test spots if you're really bummed about the towels. I would send them into my dirty microfiber pile, which get used on areas my nice ones don't dare touch (door jam areas that may be dirty, etc).

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I agree with johnnyb, I've heard of some people using tweezers and one of those craft magnifiers on an arm to pick the debris out individually, but unless you find that you have time with nothing better to do, I'd go with getting new cloths. Check out http://www.ultrafinish.com/store/ This is PBW's microfiber store and there's a monthly special over there.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I have one last opinion that may or may not work .. if they are good microfiber ie Mega Plush or DMT ... boil a pot of water and use a pair of tongs and lower one into the water, moving it around a bit .. it may release the seeds ... do not keep the towel in for more than a minute or two ... if you do it with a cheap microfiber it will melt .. might be worth a try :)

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I have one last opinion that may or may not work .. if they are good microfiber ie Mega Plush or DMT ... boil a pot of water and use a pair of tongs and lower one into the water, moving it around a bit .. it may release the seeds ... do not keep the towel in for more than a minute or two ... if you do it with a cheap microfiber it will melt .. might be worth a try :)

I like this idea, going to try it out in the future. :)

Thats an idea! I may give it a shot and let you guys know how it turns out. They are relatively new so I would like to get some life out of them haha. This weekend I plan on picking up a container to prevent this issue next winter....