Looking for a brand new polish.

R

rossmeister

Greetings from Texas!

I currently use Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, and am looking for a good replacement. My car is a '12 Civic in Crimson Pearl (dark metallic red). Finish has some minor defects and I know that application by hand will do little to get rid of them, so I'm looking at a polish with some glazing ability. Here are the candidates:

PwC Blue
PwS
OPT GPS
Blackfire Total Polish and Seal
Klasse AIO

Not sure about the Klasse, but I've read some great reviews.
Right now I'm leaning more towards PwC Blue, since my car has a dark finish.

Here are the hand pads I'm using:

LC CCS White, Red and Orange Eurofoam hand pads.

Used the white for polishing and red for LSP's. Both work great. Still hesitant to use the orange pads since I'm not sure if I'll be making things worse for my Civic's soft paint.

What do you think?

-Ross
8)

p.s. I don't have a DA. My own two hands are my DA. LOL
:lol:

P

Pockets

Ross,

What kind of "defects" are they?

I would probably stay away from the orange pad and those products because by hand it might not remove the haze from the pad itself. Unless you were trying to remove scratches and intend upon doing a multi step process.

~2shiny~

I don't think PwS has glaze in it, or am I wrong?

Ronhk, blackhole has no cleaners in it, or does it?

ronkh

Da King
I don't think PwS has glaze in it, or am I wrong?

Ronhk, blackhole has no cleaners in it, or does it?

You are correct PWC-B does not have "glaze" in it ( I don't think) but the c-b will help fill a little

And the black hole will help clean a little. (imho - my experience)

But remember the more aggressive pad you use, the less of the good stuff you leave behind.

you may want to wait till someone else chimes in though. just giving my experience