I want a WEt Shiny look.. used poorboy's with poor results

E

Ecin

I have a black 03 car It had a decent amount of swirls. I've used the SSR2.5 withh orange pad ssr 1 with white pad and EX with carnuba with the black pad.

The results were removal of the majority of swirls but revealed a lot of scratches. My guess is that I would need SSR 3. But my bigger problem is that the car looks clean but not very shiny. At some angles it looks rather dull and attracts a lot of dust.

My question is what can I do to give it a deep wet shiny look. I would love for it to be in car show condition as far as the shine goes. Do you think NuFinish would give me what I want?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Scratches are usually deeper than "swirls" (cobwebbing). You need to determine of they are removable or if they are too deep to justify the paint removal. (Removing scratches means removing the paint around the scratch until the paint is level with the "bottom" of the scratch.)
SSR3 is VERY strong stuff. A 2003 car shouldn't need this. If you notice some dull areas, or even all over, you may need to use either a milder pad with 2.5 or a milder polish and a milder pad. Either SSR1 or Pro Polish with a polishing pad would be good options, but as you say you've used SSR1 and a polishing pad without obtaining your desired results, you may want to try SSR2, or try multiple passes with the SSR1. This should help to smooth out some of the scratches as well add gloss. Then, of course, follow with another coat of EX.

As to the NuFinish... no, I don't think it will work for what you are asking for.
NuFinish is a strong oxidation remover, not so much a scratch remover. In my experience with it, it doesn't leave a very nice gloss.

Hope this helps!

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I would add a step of SSR2.5 with a white pad after the SSR2.5 with the Orange pad. The Orange pad sometimes leaves hazing behind and the white pad removes them nicely. SSR1 and a white pad gives a nice final polish. I do all my polishing at speed 6 on the PC to really break down the polish. For the EX, I would use it at a slower speed like 2-3 since you really just want to apply it in a thin coat.