Help! I had wax stains on my black trim. What do I use to remove it?

D

Dudleydoright

I detailed my brand new car and use all the 3 PB products. I now have some white stain around the trims. What do I need to remove it?

P

Pockets

first you should scrub the trim with APC and a soft nylon brush ... what products did you use? you might need to use some Trim Restorer also .. in the future, you can tape off the trim, or you can treat it prior to polish and waxing..

van185

Advanced Helper
I usually use Duragloss Dried on wax remover and then follow that up with Poorboys Trim Restorer, which is one of my favorite products that Poorboys makes. Wonderful stuff and really does work.

Eandras1

Advanced Helper
One trick that will work in removing wax/ polish stains from textured trim in plain old peanut butter. Rub on trim and let sit. The oils will lift the stain. Once it set lightly rub with a soft cloth wash with some Poorboy's slick ans suds and away gets the stains.
Ed

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
One trick that will work in removing wax/ polish stains from textured trim in plain old peanut butter. Rub on trim and let sit. The oils will lift the stain. Once it set lightly rub with a soft cloth wash with some Poorboy's slick ans suds and away gets the stains.
Ed

Peanut Butter just hides it a bit better and is very messy .. using APC and scrubbing, followed by Trim Restorer is a better way

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
What dillution would you recommend for the APC? assuming PB biodegradeable APC

that really would depend on how long it had been on it ... I would try 1:1 or full strength with a tooth brush size brush then rinse and buff .. treat as needed..