Frozen and Thawed Bird Sh#t remover

jmoran_11

Helper
Hi,

I foolishly forgot about a bottle of Bird Sh#t remover I had in the car last winter. It must have frozen and thawed at least 5 times and is now watery and dark green. Am I right to assume that it will no longer be effective?
Thanks!

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I can't say anything about BSR specifically, but my general rule of thumb is if a product mixes back together after shaking, I'll try it. I think it may still work if you shake it well before use, but maybe PB or Pockets will chime in.

jmoran_11

Helper
I can't say anything about BSR specifically, but my general rule of thumb is if a product mixes back together after shaking, I'll try it. I think it may still work if you shake it well before use, but maybe PB or Pockets will chime in.

Thanks! That's the thing it does not seem to have separated, it is just very dark green and does not appear as slick. No matter how much I shake it, it does not go back to how it used to look unfortunately.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
as a water based product it can freeze and defrost with little to no damage to the product ... it was never meant to be slick, just a BSR ...color doesn't matter either as the freezing can change the color and scent.

sscully

Advanced Helper
I know I am late to the party here, but I keep 16oz bottles of BSR and S&W in the truck for cleaning the windshield, and quite often they get frozen over the winter.

I have gone as far as to thaw in the truck to use them to clean the windshield right on the spot, and they seem to work just fine for me.

S&W turns very light green ( lighter than normal ) after a freeze / thaw.

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
I had a bottle freeze over the winter too.
Seems to work as it did before freezing.

I did find that when any PB bottle was mostly full.. The bottom expanded enough to allow it to fall off the shelf and onto the floor.
I think that's the freeze indicator.