Foam cannon ?

I'm looking for a foam cannon and don't know which one to get. The pressure washer is gas and 2250 psi (roughly). I'm open on any suggestion on which one to get one to get.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I'm looking for a foam cannon and don't know which one to get. The pressure washer is gas and 2250 psi (roughly). I'm open on any suggestion on which one to get one to get.

you might try one of our distributors and make sure you get the correct attachment .. we use one from Autogeek :)

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I bought a cheap one off of the net for under 20.00, mainly because I wasn't sure if I would like the whole foam thing or not. It i made out of heavy brass fittings and it is fully adjustable so I am not sure what the nice ones get you besides multiple attachments. I am using mine with a 3000 psi gas pressure washer, and so far, so good. I think if you only need the 1/4 quick disconnect then you have lots of option but if you need a proprietary connection then it seems like you might have to go with a more expensive model.

you might try one of our distributors and make sure you get the correct attachment .. we use one from Autogeek :)

I went to Detailed Image site they have two foam cannon both look alike and have the same specs, psi rating, and so on. Then their the one that look likes the MTM PF22. I want to get the one that can produce the most foam without throwing the soap into the equation yet.

The pressure washer gun and wand is not the one that comes with the pressure washer but bought separate. I got it at the Home Depot its the Power Care gun and wand. The wand has a 1/4 quick release for the tips.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I bought a cheap one off of the net for under 20.00, mainly because I wasn't sure if I would like the whole foam thing or not. It i made out of heavy brass fittings and it is fully adjustable so I am not sure what the nice ones get you besides multiple attachments. I am using mine with a 3000 psi gas pressure washer, and so far, so good. I think if you only need the 1/4 quick disconnect then you have lots of option but if you need a proprietary connection then it seems like you might have to go with a more expensive model.

I went to Detailed Image site they have two foam cannon both look alike and have the same specs, psi rating, and so on. Then their the one that look likes the MTM PF22. I want to get the one that can produce the most foam without throwing the soap into the equation yet.

The pressure washer gun and wand is not the one that comes with the pressure washer but bought separate. I got it at the Home Depot its the Power Care gun and wand. The wand has a 1/4 quick release for the tips.

sounds like the online deal is a good option as long as you know what parts you are needing in advance .. I don't think there is a lot of difference in them as long as they have quality brass components

sounds like the online deal is a good option as long as you know what parts you are needing in advance .. I don't think there is a lot of difference in them as long as they have quality brass components

Might sound like a dumb question but how can you tell if it has quality brass components? Should I look for one with the highest psi rating because it might be built better?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Might sound like a dumb question but how can you tell if it has quality brass components? Should I look for one with the highest psi rating because it might be built better?

PSI should at least match your machine .. not really sure how to judge them

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I went by reviews, if a product can maintain 4+ stars after several thousand reviews then i don't worry about it too much. So far it has worked for everything from a 20.00 hand coffee grinder to a foam cannon. I have never gotten to play with one of the nice foam cannons but mine has heavy brass fittings and seems to be made well, only time will tell if it holds up for the long run.

I've never been able to figure out what make a foam gun a $20 model vs a $100 model. I never hear about them exploding or anything like that.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I think one of the more expensive ones comes with several adapters, but if your PW has a standard 1/4 inch adapter then you have more options. Maybe they have a little better fit and finish but for occasional use it is hard to beat 20.00.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
I've never been able to figure out what make a foam gun a $20 model vs a $100 model.

I believe it comes down to the design of the spray head.
Some make better foam with lower PSI pressure washer.

[video=youtube;zF_4q0aHiqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF_4q0aHiqc[/video]