Final step

So here's a question for you professional guys, what are you using for the final step on your customers cars. I understand you have to let the sealant (EX & EX-P) cure overnight before topping with a wax. I don't see details shops holding cars over night for wax jobs, so what Poorboys product is your go to? After you finish with your WD or BH do you seal or wax? Just curious as I have a few people wanting some work done and Im not sure which product will give me the best result for customer satisfaction. I need something that will hold up for them

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Most all the time for me it's LNB, on occasion a sealant, VERY rarely both. I explain to clients the differences between carnuba and synthetics, and even bring documentation with me to show the clients.

With my current clients though, most can care less of what's involved other than a price. I've been adjusting what kind of new clients I take on because of this, I'm in it now for those that appreciate the education, not these price shoppers.

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Most all the time for me it's LNB, on occasion a sealant, VERY rarely both. I explain to clients the differences between carnuba and synthetics, and even bring documentation with me to show the clients.

With my current clients though, most can care less of what's involved other than a price. I've been adjusting what kind of new clients I take on because of this, I'm in it now for those that appreciate the education, not these price shoppers.
I bought some LNB after I saw a whIte van. I think you did.
Puts on a much different look than a sealant.
Can you share this "documentation" that you show your clients?

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I bought some LNB after I saw a whIte van. I think you did.
Puts on a much different look than a sealant.
Can you share this "documentation" that you show your clients?

Ya the LNB on that white van roof had a really crisp look after, client was very happy.

It's on a thumb drive somewhere, lol. If I can't find it within some time I'll post just pics of my copies for the time being, till I find this drive or the backups.

*edit: found some, had to take a couple pics though.

Please note that I did not make any of these pictures myself, and will do my best to give credit to where credit is due.

"go with the flow" by autogeek. (Hope this one is ok to post, as I found out about Poorboys through AG.)
flowchart3_zpsn7flzlg1.jpg

clay process, found on ag as well.
clay3_zpscdzhhbco.jpg

a rough pad to polish guide. if anyone knows whose this is (3m?) I'd like to give credit.
appguide2_zpsrrso2u5s.gif

These are awesome, someone on Poorboys here made these. Please chime in so we can give you your well deserved credit.
20150505_124426_zps9c9nj5yt.jpg

20150505_124452_zpsemnk8stq.jpg

I'm still looking for the outlook file, or whatever the Poorboy's product guide was made on. That one will be harder to locate, at worst I'll make one up, and try and fill in any areas I know about.

P.S. - I'm just a detailer who got his start by a generous body shop that took me in with no autobody knowledge. We only had 2 employees and 2 owners, so I was fortunate to get my hands on everything every day for over 6 years.

Every day since I'm looking to learn something new because I have plenty to learn, and try to pass on the passion for detailing that we share. If anyone finds anything wrong, or not explained enough, please chime in.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I'm still looking for the wax vs sealants one I had, and a couple others. I tend to get very technical when talking to clients, and their eyes just kinda glaze over.. Bringing paperwork for me helps simplify, and add weight to my own processes I use.

Was just a generic explanation of the natural carnuba blends and tends to add warmth, vs how a synthetic sealant sits on surface like a chain link armor. One tends to be geared for the enthusiast, and the other for longevity and protection.