EX-P curing questions

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
Hey everyone. So I know that ideally EX-P should cure for 24 hours without getting wet. I was wondering if dew/condensation and fog also affects the curing?

I applied two thin coats of ex-p yesterday after polishing and about 10 hours later that night my car was covered with condensation. Also had some condensation on it this morning as a result of heavy fogging in my area. Do I need to reapply or can I put a coat of LNB on it tomorrow?

G

Gus-Gus

Thats a good question... Im gonna say you should probably be OK with the 10 hours..I would say throw the LNB on top.. cant hurt .

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
moisture and friction is what you are trying to avoid during the curing time, but it is being covered so it is not as much an issue

G

Gus-Gus

moisture and friction is what you are trying to avoid during the curing time, but it is being covered so it is not as much an issue

LOL, but there was moisture during cure time!

BUT! its being covered..

You know man when i first read your post i thought you said you had been polishing for ten hours.. it made me want to punch you in the kidneys :)

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
BUT! its being covered..

You know man when i first read your post i thought you said you had been polishing for ten hours.. it made me want to punch you in the kidneys :)

You and those kidney punches! I only did a one step polish this time and then I sealed it, so all told I spent about 5 hours both polishing and sealing it. I'm getting better! I figure I'll do a two step polish in the spring to get out some scratches I saw that didn't come out with the SSR-1 and black pad. :)

EDIT:

I wasn't able to get a coat of wax on last night as it was too dark by the time I got home from work. Will throw it on tomorrow after I go over the car with some S&W. I am watching it bead beautifully with just the ex-p from the window at work though.

R

rossmeister

Detailed my car yesterday, and topped with Natty's Blue Paste. That was about 11:00 am. Finished work at about 8 pm and my car's covered with condensation. If it didn't cure right because of the condensation, that's okay. I'm always looking for an excuse to detail my car, no matter how lame it may be.

Wife: "What are you going to do"?
Me: "Wash and wax my car".
Wife: "AGAIN"?!?! "You just did it yesterday"!
Me: "A bird pooped on it".
Wife: Rolling her eyes at me.

LOL

Happy Detailing, everyone!

:D

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Detailed my car yesterday, and topped with Natty's Blue Paste. That was about 11:00 am. Finished work at about 8 pm and my car's covered with condensation. If it didn't cure right because of the condensation, that's okay. I'm always looking for an excuse to detail my car, no matter how lame it may be.

Wife: "What are you going to do"?
Me: "Wash and wax my car".
Wife: "AGAIN"?!?! "You just did it yesterday"!
Me: "A bird pooped on it".
Wife: Rolling her eyes at me.

LOL

Happy Detailing, everyone!

:D

roflmao :smt082:smt044:smt043:smt042:cool:

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Both EX-P and EX should cure 24 hours before topping with Natty?
With EX having carnauba already it still needs 24 hours?...a bit confusing there.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
EX is a sealant with carnauba wax added. The wax doesn't need the 24 hours to cure-the sealant does.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
And while we are talking about sealant curing times, I remember reading that PwS does not need a overnight cure time, is that correct? Believe I read you can top off with a wax or sealant after the PwS removal (then after that sealant wait 24 hours to full cure).

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
24 hours is only needed when not topping. Actually 24-72 hours moisture and water free will get the most out of the products .. once you top it, it is only for show and a bit extra protection. The topping, whether wax or sealant is what is expose to nature and is the first and utmost protection.

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
24 hours is only needed when not topping. Actually 24-72 hours moisture and water free will get the most out of the products .. once you top it, it is only for show and a bit extra protection. The topping, whether wax or sealant is what is expose to nature and is the first and utmost protection.

Think I understand now.. Thanks Steve and BigLeegr.

Also it's great to know your checking the forum daily..
Thanks again