EX-P: Application with a DA

C

Crazy Banjo

I applied EX-P with my DA machine to the A-pillars on my car today, and I got a very good result :grin: . But I am wondering if I can do it even better.

I have one question... Is it okay to just make one pass with EX-P? I moved the DA slowly over the A-pillar, and when I was starting my second pass, some of the EX-P had already hazed. My DA was on speed 2. It was quite warm here today - about 25 degrees celsius, but only about 30 seconds had passed since I went over that area the first time.

So what can you recommend? Only one pass, a mist of water, more of the product or something else?

ronkh

Da King
No water is not acceptable. EX-P is a sealant. Sealants need to cure for a time before being exposed to moisture. One pass is fine with exp as long as you have covered the entire area

heck

Advanced Helper
EX-P One coat thin, allow to air dry 12 hours top with whatever you like....This has always worked for me, YMMV

sscully

Advanced Helper
Sorry been on the road, I missed this week + back.

EX-P I do 2 thin coats, wait 1 hour between coats
apply, haze remove. 1 hr; apply, haze, remove )
after 24 hours you can apply something like Nattys over it.

Sounds like you got the 1st of 2 coats done pretty quick
25 C / 77 C is not that warm, low Humidity and a light wind ?

the other is what pad are you using ?
- Should be a red or blue pad for application. Some also suggest Black, but I don't use that pad for applying LSPs.