Ex longevity

J

Jaycdeen

I'm looking at ordering EX or EX-P.

If I'm washing every 2-3 weeks using Super Slick and Wax Shampoo would either EX or EX-P last 3-4 months between applications (Non-Garaged).

This is the first car that I'm setting out to take care of but I don't want to set unrealistic expectations on how often I"ll wax.
If it was something that needed to be applied more often then every 3 months I"m just not sure I'd continually follow through.

I live in southwest Florida. Which is one of the reasons I"m looking at EX, since I can apply it in the sun.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Either EX or EX-P will do fine, but if you want to go an easier way and one step, try either of the Polish w/ Carnauba's or Polish w/ Sealant ... they are just so easy and one step in the sun, that you will want to wax

J

Jaycdeen

Thanks for replying. You've sold me. I'm going with PwS.

I have a cheap chicago electric 10" random polisher that I got as a gift one year that I have yet to use.

Would that be safe to use with PwS? If so I guess I"ll be researching pads next. Before learning about the different detailing products I thought pads were pads. Silly me. Never did I think I would need to learn what different colored pads meant.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
if this is a new car ... :smt108 please place the "cheap" Chicago polisher in the trash or re-gift it next year... :smt118

You will probably need to work by hand and look into a Porter Cable 7424xp at some point. it's a great starting tool !!

To work by hand, you can use the same foam material used on machines, but made for hand use .. they are Pocket's favorite ...

Foam Anti-Static hand detailing pads (6"x4"x1-1/4")
http://poorboysworld.com/FoamedWoolPads.htm