Dtrick's car has been keyed!

D

dtrick.22

A few weeks ago, someone was nice enough to key my car! I was at a friends house for a party and I came outside to a horrible sight...Thing is, I haven't even pissed anyone off! I think it was just random mischief...The car will need a full repaint, both sides have a line down it, and the hood they really went to town on. Majority of the body shops I've talked to want about $4,000 to repaint the whole car (quality shops) The insurance appraiser I got, who was in idiot, is only writing it up as $1800 and a borderline total...Hmm, on a car that Blue Books at $5,300?That's funny...I got an $800 check from them since I have a $1,000 deductible. That's not going to fly, I ripped it up, now I've gotta fight with them, that's always fun. I don't know how they even think $1800 is possible for sand, prime, color, and clear+ labor...I'm sure as hell not going to Maaco or any hack shop. I'm pretty pissed cause the paint was in great shape before this. There were plenty of other crappy cars in the driveway and the street that they could have picked, but of course they go for the shiny one :smt093 Anyways, I'll show you a few pics that I took, as well as some ones of the car beforehand..

And what the car looked like Before:

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
That sure is frustrating. I guess you'll be looking for a new insurance company next?

ronkh

Da King
Holy crap, they were serious.

Were ya there with a good looking girl? Did they mistake your car for someone elses??

Feel bad you you.

Hope ya get it sorted out.

D

dtrick.22

That sure is frustrating. I guess you'll be looking for a new insurance company next?
Depends how they handle it when I call back
Holy crap, they were serious.

Were ya there with a good looking girl? Did they mistake your car for someone elses??

Feel bad you you.

Hope ya get it sorted out.
I'm not really sure what it was about, probably some kids out roaming the streets looking for trouble and they see the shiny one and think its funny
That really bites Erich ... :( Good luck with your fight .. it's worth it !
It's the last thing I really want to spend money on...They better give me more because I'm not going to be happy with a crap paint job that I'd be getting for the $1800 they're telling me.....I'm paying more than they are with the $1,000 deductible, how awesome is that :smt091

P

Pockets

Dam Erich that pains me to the core I would hate for something like that to happen to my baby....... Good luck with the insurance company give em hell :smt096