Difference between the SSR2 and SSR2.5?

V

VortecZ71WV

What is the overall difference between the SSR2 and SSR2.5? My paint is only 3 years old and has some very minor scratching that really can only be seen when looking at it from different angles and the sun is hitting it while doing so. Any help on what to use would be appreciated!

I have a PC 7424 and Lake Country pads on the way. Thanks

Matt

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
If your paint is in good shape, SSR2 may be enough. (It's enough for my 12 year old paint, at least, once I got it into shape. ;) )
SSR2.5 is more for cars that go through the spinning brush wash, IMO. It has more "bite" than SSR2, but less than SSR3. (But, for some reason, you can't get SSR2.5 by mixing SSR2 and SSR3. Hmm.. :? )

A

ailoen

BigLeegr said:
If your paint is in good shape, SSR2 may be enough. (It's enough for my 12 year old paint, at least, once I got it into shape. ;) )
SSR2.5 is more for cars that go through the spinning brush wash, IMO. It has more "bite" than SSR2, but less than SSR3. (But, for some reason, you can't get SSR2.5 by mixing SSR2 and SSR3. Hmm.. :? )

If you mix Ferrari 360 modena and a monstertruck, you will get a car with 4 big wheels and 4 racing wheels. You will not get a car with 4 medium size wheels, right?

SSR3 has larger cutting particles than SSR2, not more but larger. SSR2.5 has medium size cutting particles (or what every you call them). Therefore i think you can get 2.5 when mixing SSR2 and SSR3 .

We had a guy in Norway who always mixed the products when trying to make products between. He always failed and never understand why before guru explained why you can't mix light and heavy compound.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
ailoen said:
SSR3 has larger cutting particles than SSR2, not more but larger. SSR2.5 has medium size cutting particles (or what every you call them). Therefore i think you can get 2.5 when mixing SSR2 and SSR3 .
Steve had mentioned a few years back that you wouldn't get 2.5 by mixing 2 and 3. I haven't tried. I just took his word for it.

A

ailoen

BigLeegr said:
ailoen said:
Steve had mentioned a few years back that you wouldn't get 2.5 by mixing 2 and 3. I haven't tried. I just took his word for it.

I am new to these products and need to remove "something white" on grey details on exterior on an BMW. If you know anything about it, please check this post:

http://poorboysworld.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=1334

It seems to me that you know what you are talking about.