Couple questions from a current PB user.

ThaRaven

Helper
First of all.. love these products, especially because I'm in a hot climate. And they WORK (imagine that)!

I have a baseline of products that I normally use. SSR2 if I have any problems, Black Hole, and Liquid Natty's Blue. Unfortunately I don't have any Super Slick & Suds, because I have an abundance of another product that I want to use up. BTW, is SS&S safe for direct sun? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

Anyway, on to my questions. I recently traded in my Black 2-Door Honda Accord due to starting a family. I bought a 2016 For Fusion in Deep Impact Blue.

Fusion.jpg

Is this color still dark enough to get a good deep wet look from the Black Hole Glaze?

With this paint being new, do I need to use a sealant, or is regular waxing enough? I love taking care of my car, but I don't want to endure a 15-step finishing process either.

If a sealant is needed (I'm assuming EX-P would be recommended) does it need to be layered OVER the Natty's Blue? That would make my process: Washing, Claying (if needed), Black Hole, Natty's Blue, Sealant. My arm is getting tired just thinking about it.

Anyways, thanks for any replies and advice.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Yes you can get a good wet look on the blue.
Waxing alone can work.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Soaps in sun? -Can do, if it dries some you'll just get streaks. I either just rewash that spot/panel or grab some qd.

New paint: wax or sealant? -Both are last step procedures that will protect your clearcoat. Generally carnuba's natural, deeper, and tends to wear faster. Synthetic sealants are surface science coatings that sit on top of paint and cure into a protective coating, and will last longer. Just like bigleegr said, wax alone when it's time to wax will work just fine for protection.

i'm probably not too far off your colour and i go with

ssr-1 occasionally
black hole
ex sealant

leave overnight

2 layers of nattys blue
2 layers of red

done and finished at a show earlier this year

35jb5o2.jpg

ThaRaven

Helper
I commend you. That's 5 coats of final step product. I understand you show your car, that's great. But there's no way in heck I would do that many coats.

ronkh

Da King
That's 5 coats of final step product. I understand you show your car, that's great. But there's no way in heck I would do that many coats.

I agree, I would have done 6...
2 coats ex-p, then the wax layers...................

But, I'm a hack................

20150628_151625_zpszuzqbtmn.jpg

20150628_151717_zpsv4pvb8ft.jpg

20150831_143934_zpsbboypb4r.jpg

C-H-R-I-S-P, that was a great job !!!!

looks like i need to step up my game next time out :smt038 :smt038

2 coats of sealant in future, thanks ronkh :smt039 :smt039

rabbi

Wax waster (to whom I bow ) is right.You can never put on too many wax coats. Once you go through the detailing process washing and waxing doesn't take long.Your car will appreciate it. BTW C-H-R-I-S-P nice job.Really like that color !!