Change in Clay?

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Hi everyone, It has been a while since I posted and I just took advantage of the 4th of July deals from Autogeek to stock up on Clay. I purchased 2 jars of PB clay and they arrived today; I noticed that they feel softer and are darker in color, has the formula changed? Mine could be soft as it was probably really hot in the UPS truck but i figured I would ask.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hi everyone, It has been a while since I posted and I just took advantage of the 4th of July deals from Autogeek to stock up on Clay. I purchased 2 jars of PB clay and they arrived today; I noticed that they feel softer and are darker in color, has the formula changed? Mine could be soft as it was probably really hot in the UPS truck but i figured I would ask.

Welcome back .. yes it was a killer deal for the clay kits ... depends on how long ago you bought clay? we started with this clay in 2010 , when it became available to the US market. It might be a bit soft from the heat, but it is very elastic and pliable.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
My last batch of poor boys clay is probably over a year old. much lighter in color and not as pliable. I just tried out the new stuff side by side and it works just as well just has a different consistency and color. It will probably be great in winter, I just wish it was a lighter gray like the old stuff, much easier to see what it is picking up. Can't beat the price though and it looks like it is still on sale at Autopia.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
you might have gotten the end of the previous clay.. the new stuff is just a lot more user friendly