Brand New black car... looking for a wet look

J

johnm304

I JUST got a new car this weekend - literally rolled off the truck on Friday, in my garage on Saturday.

I want to get a wet look - what do you recommend?

In case its important, its a black 2007 Nissan Altima.

Thanks for your help,
John

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Congrats on the new car :smt023 You know will be hard to keep up, but nothing looks better when it is :wink: You probably will need to do a light claying, but remember to use lots of lubrication to prevent any marring or scratching. I would use Polish w/ sealant topped with Natty's blue...this will give a slick and wet shine. You could also add EX if you wanted it a bit deeper too. :)

On a side note..maintaining and good maintenance practices will help keep you car looking new...using at least two buckets, 2-3 quality wash mitts, a grit guard or two during washing and having good waffle weave towels to blot dry, don't wipe unless using a QD with a soft plush towel during drying.

J

johnm304

Thanks for the info... sorry I am new to Poorboy. Is this the right stuff to buy?

Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba (BLUE)
Natty's Paste Wax (BLUE)
EX Sealant

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
those will give you a deep wet look :D

order will be ..

1) Polish w/ Carnauba blue
2) EX ...two coats and then wait 24 hours before applying Natty's
3) Natty's Blue

J

johnm304

What's next...

I followed your directions... looks great. But, what do you suggest for maintenance? Should I follow the same 3 step routine every few months?

thanks for your help.

John

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
S+G for after wash maintenance, Natty's every month or so (depending on climate, always garaged, etc.) and re-do the full deal when you notice some marring or that the clarity seems to have lessened.

(But I hear tell that some people apply a new coat of Natty's after each wash :eek: so you may want to consider that option too! :wink: )

J

johnm304

Could you tell me what S+G means? Sorry, I am new to this board (and new to poorboy's).

thanks,
John

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
johnm304 said:
Could you tell me what S+G means? Sorry, I am new to this board (and new to poorboy's).

thanks,
John

Spray & Gloss ...Gloss Enhancer and Quick Detailer :D