Black Hole Question

54CHEVYTRUCK

Is Black Hole safe to use on fresh paint? Was told not to use a wax or anything on my truck for 90 days that will seal the paint. To allow for it it to cure/outgas.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Is Black Hole safe to use on fresh paint? Was told not to use a wax or anything on my truck for 90 days that will seal the paint. To allow for it it to cure/outgas.

First , welcome to our forum ... Second yes it is safe on fresh paint ... Third .. today's paint's do not cure or out gas as they are all water based per government VOC regulations. They are as good as they will ever be a few hours out of the paint booth. The waiting is old school for older paints like enamel and lacquer which are solvent based and did need time for curing. Hope this helped :)

54CHEVYTRUCK

First , welcome to our forum ... Second yes it is safe on fresh paint ... Third .. today's paint's do not cure or out gas as they are all water based per government VOC regulations. They are as good as they will ever be a few hours out of the paint booth. The waiting is old school for older paints like enamel and lacquer which are solvent based and did need time for curing. Hope this helped :)

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. First want to say great products. Use some today on my daily driver. Absolutely the best. The truck I was referring to in my post was shot with solvent based ppg deltron bc/cc by a friend. So with that said am I still to understand that the glaze is safe for my new paint job. Not trying to sound redundant. Just want to be sure as it was a very expensive custom paint job. Thanks again

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Thanks for the welcome and the reply. First want to say great products. Use some today on my daily driver. Absolutely the best. The truck I was referring to in my post was shot with solvent based ppg deltron bc/cc by a friend. So with that said am I still to understand that the glaze is safe for my new paint job. Not trying to sound redundant. Just want to be sure as it was a very expensive custom paint job. Thanks again

ok, you had a friend do it, which changes things .. no shops in the US can (legally) spray solvent based any longer ... yes, glazes are not sealing anything and will wash away without topping with a wax or sealant .. they only enhance and hide minor defects .. waxes and sealants are what you are going to avoid for now, and that is still up for debate between old timers and current schooled painters.. but since he gave you the warning, I would heed his advice ..