Application steps for a Black Cupra k1

C

CupraBrad

Hi, I’m new here and also new to the whole detailing world. (Also from England)

I have always cleaned my cars and then polished and waxed them. But could never get a decent finish.
I saw Poorboys on the old tinterweb and how easy the product is to use by hand. So thought I’d bite the bullet and start my PB collection.
I have : Super slick and suds, EX-P, PwCb = Polish w/Carnauba blue, QD+, Black Hole, Natty Blue, Natty Red
Need some advice on the order in which to use the products. The car is a 2008 inferi Black Seat Leon Cupra K1, and Need her ready for a Car show on the 24th March.

I was thinking of this process:
• Wash
• Polish
• Black Hole
• Ex-P
• Natty Blue
• Natty Red

Using the QD+ on the day of the show to refresh + add to the shine?

Is this the right sort of order?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hi, I’m new here and also new to the whole detailing world. (Also from England)

I have always cleaned my cars and then polished and waxed them. But could never get a decent finish.
I saw Poorboys on the old tinterweb and how easy the product is to use by hand. So thought I’d bite the bullet and start my PB collection.
I have : Super slick and suds, EX-P, PwCb = Polish w/Carnauba blue, QD+, Black Hole, Natty Blue, Natty Red
Need some advice on the order in which to use the products. The car is a 2008 inferi Black Seat Leon Cupra K1, and Need her ready for a Car show on the 24th March.

I was thinking of this process:
• Wash
• Polish
• Black Hole
• Ex-P
• Natty Blue
• Natty Red

Using the QD+ on the day of the show to refresh + add to the shine?

Is this the right sort of order?

Yes, that is a great process ... I am guessing that since this is a show vehicle for the most part, you are not looking for protection as much as for a "look" ... in that case, you do not need to wait the 24 hours as Heck stated (that would be great advice if protection is the goal), and you can just wait an hour or so between EX-P and Natty's Blue ... as another wax waster would have recommended if he was posting, you should probably try Red, Blue, Red .. to bring out the maximum pop from that deep color. ;) The QD+ can be used at the show, but remember only a light spritz for a whole panel :)

C

CupraBrad

Cheers for the advice guys :) should i leave any time between each step? polish - hour wait - BH - hour wait EX-p ?? Etc?

Well the car is used as a daily driver, so ill be leaving the Ex-p over night. I assume just give the car a wipe down to get rid of any dust which has built up? then do the waxing?

Have I read you right, I could do blue,red,blue,red to get a good deep colour?

ill bare that in mind... a light spritz of QD+ lol That could be my down fall!

Finally, is Claying THAT important?

Sorry for all the newbie questions just like to get my head round it all!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Cheers for the advice guys :) should i leave any time between each step? polish - hour wait - BH - hour wait EX-p ?? Etc?

Well the car is used as a daily driver, so ill be leaving the Ex-p over night. I assume just give the car a wipe down to get rid of any dust which has built up? then do the waxing?

Have I read you right, I could do blue,red,blue,red to get a good deep colour?

ill bare that in mind... a light spritz of QD+ lol That could be my down fall!

Finally, is Claying THAT important?

Sorry for all the newbie questions just like to get my head round it all!

claying is important if your surface is not smooth or you live in an industrial area ...

no waiting other than maybe an hour between coats of wax ..

after removing the EX-P ..you should wait 12-72 hours before waxing and the vehicle should be kept dry

C

CupraBrad

That's the downside to living in England! I may have to invest in a plastic car cover!
May have to clay it, as I work in an industrial area and drive 70+ miles aday.

Cheers again! Glad ive cleared up most of my major niggles.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
That's the downside to living in England! I may have to invest in a plastic car cover!
May have to clay it, as I work in an industrial area and drive 70+ miles aday.

Cheers again! Glad ive cleared up most of my major niggles.

if that is the case then just do the steps an hour apart and maybe add more coats of wax as needed ... I would not put a plastic cover over the car ... and do clay the car at least twice per year.