Another question for you very helpfull guys.

R

Rucky1066

I have a da polisher that came with the polishing pads in a bundle kit. The polisher itself is perfect but the pads just keep exploding on me what has really peed me off.:smt099
The company has given me some money back to get some replacement pads.
Can you tell me what make & grade of pads to get for the items listed below.

Poorboys ss2 swirl remover

Poorboys black hole

Is it also worth buffing the nattys blue wax off by machine or by hand. If by machine what pad do I need.

Many thanks

Andy

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I've always had good luck with Lake Country pads. I'd go with orange and white pads for the SSR2 and blue for Black Hole. If using Liquid Natty's Blue,t hen a soft red ad would be great. I tend to apply my final waxes or sealants by hand since I feel I get better coverage. There is also a zen type feeling to the process for me. As far as buffing off, you never use a DA to take anything off. Always remove by hand.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I as well have had good luck with the LC pads.

Just like Scott P said, most all the time I apply my sealants and waxes by hand.

My da pad usually soaks up more product. So it would have to be a big job or more than one car for me. Applying liquid waxes, I like to run long strokes direction of wind flow overlapping some. Often I get more even coverage, and in the event of a swirl causing contaminate would be safer imo.

Buffing off- by hand, very easy to turn towel to a new section. Vs messing with new microfiber bonnets everywhere, and chance of swirls etc.

R

Rucky1066

Cheers for the replys.
Will have a look for a uk supplier today.