2014 Grand Cherokee True Blue

W

willjeep

allclean.jpg

Hello detailers,

New here and new to detailing, I love my new truck and want to make it look it's best. Thanks for any help you can give this Rube.

Well I have the P.B. products I ordered In hand. I hope to start my first full detail on Saturday. Here is what I plan to do. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.

All work to be done by hand.

1. Wash with 1/2 oz of dawn dish washing liquid in four gal. water 2 bucket method.

Question #1. should I put one grit guard in each pail or put two grit guards in the rinse pail.

2. Pro polish two times, apply with a clean tee shirt. Remove Micro fiber towel.

Question #2 Is a clean cotton tee acceptable to apply the pro polish? If not what should I use?

3. Black hole two times, Apply with micro fiber applicator remove with micro fiber towel

4. EXP 2 thin applications one after another, let cure 24hrs. Apply micro fiber applicator remove micro fiber towel.

5. Wash & dry mild car wash solution

6. Natty's blue apply with micro fiber applicator, remove with micro fiber towel.

7. QD spray on buff off

8. Natty's blue same as above

9. Natty's Blue spit shine with QD.

Then I still have to seal the wheels

I don't know if this is going to work, here is a before photo

ronkh

Da King
Hello detailers,

New here and new to detailing, I love my new truck and want to make it look it's best. Thanks for any help you can give this Rube.

Well I have the P.B. products I ordered In hand. I hope to start my first full detail on Saturday. Here is what I plan to do. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.

1. Wash with 1/2 oz of dawn dish washing liquid in four gal. water 2 bucket method. use car soap instead of dawn, no need since you are using pro polish, or if you decide to use the dawn (I do) mix like 1 oz to 5 gal + car soap useu

Question #1. should I put one grit guard in each pail or put two grit guards in the rinse pail. I do

2. Pro polish two times, apply with a clean tee shirt. Remove Micro fiber towel. One application should do the trick

Question #2 Is a clean cotton tee acceptable to apply the pro polish? If not what should I use? better off using a terry applicator

3. Black hole two times, Apply with micro fiber applicator remove with micro fiber towel good

4. EXP 2 thin applications one after another, let cure 24hrs. Apply micro fiber applicator remove micro fiber towel. apply remove then let cure 24 hours

5. Wash & dry mild car wash solution no need to wash after all that work, just pull it into the sun and enjoy

6. Natty's blue apply with micro fiber applicator, remove with micro fiber towel. Good

7. QD spray on buff off good

8. Natty's blue same as above good

9. Natty's Blue spit shine with QD. over kill, wait a week and do it, or wait a week and do red instead

my answers next to your questions

W

willjeep

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

Few questions if you don't mind. I didn't get your ans. on the grit gaurds, also The nattys will be applyed after the 24 hours so I fig. I would need to wash first it's dusty in nyc. Thanks agian! I just posted a before photo, take a look she is sweet looking.

ronkh

Da King
Hey thanks for the quick reply!

Few questions if you don't mind. I didn't get your ans. on the grit gaurds, also The nattys will be applyed after the 24 hours so I fig. I would need to wash first it's dusty in nyc. Thanks agian! I just posted a before photo, take a look she is sweet looking.

yeah then wash it. thought you were gonna do back to back. I put a gg in both of my buckets, but most don't. yep nice ride

heck

Advanced Helper
You may want to check and see if it needs to be clayed? Baggie Test the painted surfaces.

W

willjeep

I am going to skip the clay step. Afraid to do more harm than good.

heck

Advanced Helper
Willjeep,
It's your call on the clay,
Clay removes rail dust or other contaminants on the paint surface.
Clay is made in different aggressiveness grades.
If your Jeep needs claying, then you will be polishing the rail dust and grit in the paint surface.

It's your Jeep and your call completely. I respect your decision not to clay.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to our forum and here is my take ...

Clay is important for a new car/ truck as Heck implied .. you will not do damage but you will find a new tool you will love.

1. Wash with 1/2 oz of dawn dish washing liquid in four gal. water 2 bucket method.

Dawn is for dishes .. do not use on your new truck, you spent quite a bit to get the truck, use quality soap .. like Super Slick & Suds, which you can also use as your lube for the clay ;)

Question #1. should I put one grit guard in each pail or put two grit guards in the rinse pail.

I like one in each

2. Pro polish two times, apply with a clean tee shirt. Remove Micro fiber towel.

apply with a soft cotton cloth, not a t-shirt ..and one polish will be more than enough... remove back and forth using a good microfiber cloth

Question #2 Is a clean cotton tee acceptable to apply the pro polish? If not what should I use?

answered above

3. Black hole two times, Apply with micro fiber applicator remove with micro fiber towel

again one application should suffice at this step

4. EXP 2 thin applications one after another, let cure 24hrs. Apply micro fiber applicator remove micro fiber towel.

Ok ... apply first coat, wait about an hour, test at half hour and then remove .. repeat ...

try and keep Jeep dry for 2-3 days before washing for best results if not, it will not change it dramatically

6. Natty's blue apply with micro fiber applicator, remove with micro fiber towel.

Here you might do 2 coats to ensure full and proper coverage

7. QD spray on buff off

as needed .. not the same day ... let the wax set for a while

second coat is listed above

give it a few more days ;)

Polish with Professional Polish and seal with Wheel sealant for the winter

W

willjeep

You convinced me

Thanks to you all for your help. You convinced me, guess I will wait till next weekend to do the detail. Now can you provide the link for the least aggressive clay you recommend and also do you have a suitable cotton applicator?

Thanks
Will

Welcome to our forum and here is my take ...

Clay is important for a new car/ truck as Heck implied .. you will not do damage but you will find a new tool you will love.

Dawn is for dishes .. do not use on your new truck, you spent quite a bit to get the truck, use quality soap .. like Super Slick & Suds, which you can also use as your lube for the clay ;)

I like one in each

apply with a soft cotton cloth, not a t-shirt ..and one polish will be more than enough... remove back and forth using a good microfiber cloth

answered above

again one application should suffice at this step

Ok ... apply first coat, wait about an hour, test at half hour and then remove .. repeat ...

try and keep Jeep dry for 2-3 days before washing for best results if not, it will not change it dramatically

Here you might do 2 coats to ensure full and proper coverage

7. QD spray on buff off

as needed .. not the same day ... let the wax set for a while

second coat is listed above

give it a few more days ;)

Polish with Professional Polish and seal with Wheel sealant for the winter