2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

Eandras1

Advanced Helper
My son was in an accident last week and they totaled his car a 2002 Taurus. He was not injured nor at fault. He was hit by a UPS truck. I will be picking up a 2003 Chrysler Sebring black two door convertible. The car has 48,000 miles on it. Good looking car but paint has some light scratches and swirls. I plan on Saturday to to do the following once I pick the car up on Friday night.

Wash 2 bucket method with PB wash and suds
Clay bar with PB Poly Elastic clay using a spray bottle with wash soap above prior to washing.
Re-wash car and dry.
PB ProPolish with a white pad
PB ProPolish 2 with a black pad
PB Black hole (ordered tonight) red pad
PB EX with blue pad 2 coats
PB Natty's Blue paste wax with a blue pad most likely done on Sunday 24 hours later.

Interior is real clean but will use

PB APC various dilutions to clean
Leather seats need to really wait on this
Mats APC with power washer, steamer, and shop vac
Carpets will mainly be done with extractor (Bissell) and Folex

I just have a few more questions on a few processes.

After final polishing I would like to use PP2 to do some jeweling. Do I apply Black hole after or is the jeweling step not needed?

My understanding of Black Hole is to be applied left to haze prior to buffing. I will be using a flex and a red pad. Am I assuming right?

My next question is on how to clean the convertible top. What should be used and does anyone have a process.

Tires will be cleaned and bold and bright gel applied.

Interior also will get Natural Look (ordered tonight).

I will post pictures when I get the vehicle on Friday and as I go on Saturday and Sunday.

Please post suggestions

Ed

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
PP2 is a mechanical compound then chemical, and is more aggressive than PP. For your order (if you are doing both) I would start with PP2 (if it needs it) then step down to PP.

Black hole, as it's a glaze, will be the very last thing you do to the paint prior to locking it all in with a sealant, wax, or both.

For convertible vinyl tops I'll dilute some APC to a safe level (test spots for saftey and cleaning results). I go at it with pneumatic tools (or soft brush by hand) then finish with a uv protectant or sealer.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hi Ed,

Sory to hear about the wreck and glad your son was not hurt :)

johnny has it for you .. if you want to jewel that would be PP not PP2 .. you can work it until it is practically dry...

has the top ever been replaced? if not at 11 years you might want to forgo a headache and get a new one. IF it has been replaced and just needs some freshening up, then I'd go with Bold N Bright or Natural Look with a soft brush and then rinse and buff with a soft cotton towel until shiny and dry

Eandras1

Advanced Helper
Steve,
I will use ProPolish for jeweling. As far as the top it looks new. No leaks, fading or threads flaring (tearing). I just ordered Natural look tonight and have bold and bright.

Johnny,

Thanks for the information.

Ed

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
glad I could share some insight eandras1.

and Steve, very cool BnB can be used on tops too. when I use up my other waterbased dressings, BnB will be my go to!

Eandras1

Advanced Helper
Pockets,

Got my order today of black hole and natural look. Thank you for the surprise. Now waiting on car which I pickup Friday night.

Ed