00 Honda Odyssey

S

Sal329

We picked up this 00 Odyssey to haul our growing family that is out growing our Accord in just a few more weeks. The van really needs to be polished but the wife would not allow me the time needed so I settled on a good wash and wax. I had a few products I needed to try

With the van in the garage I started by spraying the entire van from top to bottom with Wolf Chemicals Decon Gel and let it dwell for 30 minutes while I did other things and then got caught up watching UP with the kids
Anyway when I went outside the Decon Gel hardened Jesse told me it will come off with ease using a pressure washer but I don't have one
I sprayed the van down with Magestic Solutions Green Stuff 3:1
Then the tar was treated to Surf City Grime Destroyer
Moved the van into the backyard and proceeded to wash it I was hoping the Decon Gel would come off with a hose
Sprayed down with a garden hose and 85% of the Decon Gel came off
Then foamed with a Gilmour Gun and Chemical Guys Citrus wash
Washed using a sheepskin mitt and ** Citrus and a hint of MSGS
Used a raceglaze brush for the emblems and trim
Various brushed and MSGS on the wheels
Foamed again and then sheeted the water off
Back into the garage dried with a leaf blower blotted dry with Meg Water Magnets
Driver side of the vehicle was treated with Wolf Chemicals body Wrap, I never heard of anyone using a DA but I like applying sealants with a DA so I used my GG DA Gold LC pad speed 3 and applied, I did do one panel by hand and I felt I applied too much
The passenger side was treated with Duragloss Beta Nano Polish and some panels also have the Clear on top as well. Using my GG DA Black B&S pad speed 3 and then speed 4 and slower arm speed with the clear
The trim and tires were treated with Wolf Chemicals Trim and Tire, sprayed onto tires (2 coats) did not wipe it and it looks great, sprayed onto trim on grille and the rocker panel, the trim on the hatch and roof rails were wiped on, the roof rails I think I need to spend a little more time but all other trim looks awesome
Wheels were coated with Car Pro ReLoad
Windows cleaned with Zep, windshield has ReLoad, driver side windows have BW and pass side have DG Nano

The Wolf Decon Gel was great, works like Iron X it is a little thicker and seems to cling better. I will use either one depends on who has best deal when I need some lol

Trim dressing applies so easily and looks fantastic, no drips, dries instantly

Body Wrap is easy to use and when you use it seems to just disapears into the paint. Removes easily and looks amazing with great slickness

Duragloss Nano is fantastic goes on easily and buff off per panel I like that a lot. The look is great and its nice and slick

DG Clear goes on a little slow because of slow arm speed and in all honesty I have not noticed a difference in that and the white polish I was not to impressed with this I like I am with the white

Onto the pictures Aug 27 2011

IMG_5256.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

After washing

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

DG Nano